24Rent is a new non-traditional, flexible car rental service. Cars can be rented in the Whim app on a self-service basis around the clock, anytime, and completely virtually without having to visit any rental office!
You can rent a car just for as long as you need; whether you are in need of a van for a few hours of moving, or you need a car for a weekend getaway or for everyday errands. Pricing is based on usage, either hourly or daily.
Cars can be found scattered throughout city centers, close to shopping malls and public transport routes, making it easy for you to independently start using a car near you. The 24Rent service is already available in the Whim app in more than 30 cities (see all cities here) and more and more cities are enabling free parking for 24Rent cars in paid downtown areas. Read more about parking here.
How it works
- Book a car in the Whim app > click here to go to the home screen and then select ‘Rental Car’ > 24Rent. Have your driving license available to verify your license.
- Go to the car when your rental is about to begin. From the Whim app, you can conveniently see in the map where the car is located.
- Once you are at the car, open the booking in the app and follow the instructions.
- Inspect and photograph the car before driving.
- Open the doors through the app.
- Use like your own car. You will find the keys in the glove compartment.
- Return the car refueled and cleaned.
- Photograph the car again.
- Put the keys back in the glove compartment at the end of your booking and lock the doors through the app.
Why use a 24Rent car
- One car serves multiple users and just one car alone already frees up a lot of space on the streets!
- Cars can be rented even only for a short period of time and the car is picked up and returned independently.
- It is easy to start using and return 24Rent cars, as pick-up points are located in key locations in the city centers.
- You will only pay according to the actual use of the car and always drive with a serviced and low-emission car.
- 24Rent cars emit significantly less emissions than the average private car’s mileage.