City bikes are the best way to get around during the summer season! Enjoy city bikes in Helsinki and Espoo from April 1 to October 31, 2022, in Whim. You have access to almost 4,600 bikes and 460 stations in Helsinki and Espoo. Get your 2022 City Bike Season Pass with Whim to see all the bike stations and free bikes and to get access to numerous Whim Benefits.
Using city bikes in Whim is easy and convenient:
- Unlimited access to 30 minute rides with a city bike*
- Check the live availability of bikes directly with the app
- Same ID and PIN-code every time
- Automatically unlock Whim Benefits for the entire city bike season and enjoy special rates for many transport modes and other offers
- Use Edenred or Smartum work commuter benefits to purchase your City Bike Season Pass
* 1 € excess fee per 30 minutes. The maximum usage time for a city bike is 5 hours at a time. If the time is exceeded, a late fee of 80 € will be charged from your card.
Why purchase the city bike season pass?
With the season pass, you can take an unlimited number of 30-minute bike rides any day of the city bike season. After 30 minutes you’ll pay according to the normal rate (€1/30 min, max five hours for one ride). Most people find that half an hour is long enough to get from A to B in the city. Of course, you can stop during your journey and park anywhere – not just city bike stations. The bike display will show you exactly how to make a stop and how to return the bike.
When in a hurry, city bikes are unbeatable in speed against other modes of transportation, thanks in part to constant improvements to the bikes themselves. Your bike ride begins when you get a personal identification and PIN code from Whim. Then check the condition of the bike you selected: do the brakes work, is the saddle at the right height. And then just hop on.
Use Whim to check stations and the availability of bikes. Sometimes the popularity of the city bikes means you’ll find the racks empty. To avoid disappointment, use Whim to check the availability of bikes in real-time and then head to the right station. If the station is full when returning your bike, you can lock the bike with the bike chain to another bike on a pole or tree up to 20 meters away.
As a Whim user you can also:
- Use TIER and VOI e-scooters conveniently with one single app.
- Unlock JURO bikes.
- Book various HSL public transport tickets: Single tickets, Whim Ten, HSL 30-day, HSL 30-day student and many more!
- Order reliable normal price taxis from Taksi Helsinki, Lähitaksi and Menevä. You will always know the price and pick-up time in advance.
- Book rental cars from Hertz, Sixt, Toyota Rent or 24Rent.