As read in
Owning a car also means freedom. We get that. So we have to offer something that is even better than owning a car. Something that still provides freedom, but is resource-friendly and contributes to healthier cities. We are certain that Mobility-as-a-Service is the answer.
Let’s decarbonize transport for future generations.
If you think about it, owning a car makes little sense: On average, the true cost of owning a car is €10,000 per year1, it sits in the parking lot for 23 hours each day2 and is only driven for around 10 km per day3. It also is the only privately owned asset that can simply be put in public space. And it sums up to a lot of space: in Europe, an average of 70% of public city space is taken up by cars4.
This is not a winner-takes-it-all-market.
Our values are openness, innovativeness, and sustainability. They drive everything we do. Open ecosystems, open APIs, and the free flow of information are requisites for the speed and scale we seek. Constructive, cutting-edge innovation is how we choose to navigate in a disruptive environment.
It’s time to move from ownership to access.
MaaS Global is the world’s first true Mobility-as-a-Service operator, and with our award-winning Whim app, we’re set to make the biggest change in transport history since cars became widely affordable. MaaS gives access to multiple modes of transport in one easy-to-use mobile app. Travel anytime, anywhere, with public transport, taxis, shared bikes and cars, e-scooters, or other options. Simply, a true alternative to owning a car.
It takes a village to replace 1 million cars on the road with more sustainable trips. We are looking for partners whose involvement will transform the sustainable mobility ecosystem into a powerful force.Sampo Hietanen, Founder and CEO MaaS Global
Mobility-as-a-Service can be implemented in many industries and have a big, positive impact on our lives – from less pollution and traffic to more free space in urban areas and healthier cities, to name just a few. Your business, on the other hand, can benefit from additional revenue streams and more efficient operations. Take a look at our use cases to learn more!
By offering Mobility-as-a-Service subscriptions through Whim to residents, we can help solve questions like
- How to minimize the space reserved for parking and use it for something more valuable?
- How to provide more holistic services to residents?
Real estate developer
- reduced need for parking
- increased rentable space
- sustainable society development
- holistic service to customers
- increased revenue
- increased value of buildings
- new revenue stream
Other variations of this service:
- Office MaaS for employees
- Town MaaS for mall visitors and tourists
Getting to, around, and from major events is a challenge for everyone involved, including organizers, visitors, and cities. A well-designed MaaS solution can help make the mobility of large crowds smooth and sustainable.
City traffic planning
- Integrated mobility services
- Sustainable solution for cities
- Less car traffic during the event
- Impact on sustainability
- Post-event usable solution
- Increased revenue
- Easy access to mobility services
- Rewards for sustainable choices
Whenever an insured vehicle needs to be repaired, high costs arise for the insurance company including courtesy cars, express repairs, etc. Mobility-as-a-Service for insurance companies can help reduce costs while being able to deliver a flexible mobility solution to your customers.
- More profitable operations
- Streamlined operations
- More sustainable alternative
- Instantly available service
- Less complex coordination
- Possibly more time to operate
- Flexibility in delivery time
The mobility industry is currently undergoing a major transformation and will – or rather must – become more resource-efficient and intelligent. Space in cities is becoming scarcer and cities around the world are therefore facing infrastructural challenges that can be solved, at least in part, by technology and MaaS in particular.
We’ve been impacting the mobility industry with our award-winning Whim app since 2017, and this is our natural habitat. If you want to transform your transportation or mobility business, get in touch with us today.
Why MaaS Global
- Our aim from day 1 has been to provide a true alternative to car ownership by making all existing mobility services easily available through one application
- More than 70 million euros have been raised and invested in the development of what is today the most advanced MaaS platform
- We have gained extensive experience in building multimodal services, collected valuable information on more than 25 million paid multimodal trips
- We integrated more than 120 transportation service providers into the Whim ecosystem.
- We have hands-on knowledge of user experience and local mobility markets across several countries around the world on three continents
- In the B2B sector, we have gained experience in various industries, e.g. real estate, insurance, major events
- All of this is led by the inventor of MaaS, Sampo Hietanen