Travel carefree throughout Belgium with Whim. Conveniently buy your NMBS/SNCB train ticket of choice in the Whim app. Standard Ticket, Weekend Ticket, Youth Ticket (Go Pass 1) and Senior Ticket are available in Whim.
How do I buy my NMBS/SNCB train ticket with Whim?
- Click on ‘Where to’ in the Whim home screen. This will take you to the Journey Planner.
- Type your destination in the Journey Planner. You can also change your departure location, choose from different locations on the map and change your departure times.
- Whim will then show you different travel options. You can find out more about a specific option by selecting one. Choose the option that suits you best and book your journey.
- The first time you buy a ticket you will be asked for your age.
- Whim offers standard second class tickets. If you want a different ticket, just click on that type of ticket.
- You can find your active tickets on the home screen under the heading ‘Active Tickets’. Click on your ticket to show the QR code to the train conductor.
Available NMBS/SNCB train tickets in the Whim app
- The most flexible formula
- Standard price, anywhere in Belgium, whenever you want
- Between € 2,50 and € 21,50 per journey, depending on the distance
- Back and forth in the same weekend
- From Friday 7 p.m. until Sunday evening (extended validity around some public holidays)
- 50% discount
- 1st or 2nd class
Youth Ticket (Go Pass 1)
- Up to the age of 25 you can travel for only € 6.60 per single journey in 2nd class on a route of your choice throughout Belgium
- The Brussels Airport Supplement gets added automatically to your price if you depart from or travel to Brussels Airport – Zaventem station
- Travelers aged 65 or older pay only € 7.20 for a return journey in 2nd class to any destination throughout Belgium
- Return on the same day
- On weekdays from 9:00 am and any time during weekend days
- € 15.30 for 1st class comfort