City trip, day trip with Velo and Mobit using Whim
Besides being useful for daily use, the shared bikes also offer plenty of opportunities for people who want to visit one of the beautiful Flemish cities for a day trip. For a day trip to Antwerp, the Velo city bike is a perfect way to discover the city. Besides Antwerp, Mobit is also ideal for day trips to other Flemish cities, such as Mechelen, Kortrijk, Hasselt, Genk, Aalst, Brasschaat, De Schorre, Veurne, Koksijde and De Panne
How to use Velo with Whim
In total, there are currently almost 300 bicycle stations in Antwerp within walking distance (max. 400 m). The zone includes the city centre and the surrounding districts of Berchem, Borgerhout, Deurne, Hoboken, Merksem and Wilrijk.
- Simply activate your Velo day pass for €5 and use the user ID and password at one of the Velo stations to unlock your bike.
- The PIN code remains valid for 24 hours. This means that you can use the same PIN code for a whole day.
- To be able to use your bike, enter your user ID and pin code at the bike station. Check the bike number on the screen of the bike station, take the bike and pedal away.
- Rides of 0 to 30 minutes are included in the price of the day pass.
- You can make as many trips of up to 30 minutes as you want.
- If you borrow the bike for more than 30 minutes, you will pay an extra fee, starting at € 0.50 per 30 minutes and rising to € 5 per started hour.
- You can borrow a bike for a maximum of four consecutive hours
- To return the bike, place it in a lock with a green light until the light starts blinking. Wait until the light remains green again and make sure the bike is locked properly.
- To make sure that the bike has been returned correctly, enter the bike ID and PIN in the bike station screen and you will see the following message: ‘Your bike has been handed in correctly’.
- After returning the bike (and waiting five minutes), you can borrow another bike from any available station, your usage time is reset to zero.
How to use Mobit with Whim
- If you see a Mobit bike on the street, you can immediately start using it by scanning the QR code on the lock with Whim.
- If you want to book the bike in advance, choose the desired bike on the map and book it via Whim.
- The normal rate is valid from the start of the booking.
- Mobit shared bikes can be activated by scanning the QR code on the bike or unlocking it with the Whim app.
- A Mobit bike can be booked for a maximum of 4 hours at a time
- Day pass €5/day
- First hour: 50 cents/30 min
- Second hour: 70 cents/30 min
- Third and fourth hour: €1.50/30 min